With apologies to Visa, a random 40th-birthday-inspired list:
- 08 Toyota Matrix, 30k, April 2010 - $12,000.
- Taughannock Park pavillion rental - $40.00.
- Wegman's heart sushi tray - $54.99.
- Lucas Cabernet Franc - $12.99.
- Value of damage to 08 Toyota Matrix, 32k, en route to 40th b-day party - $11,999.95.
- Year in which I'll next need to buy soda, beer, or wine - at least 2012.
- Lovely, heartfelt cards now gracing the mantel - 17.
- Facebook b-day wishes - 42
- Fancy coffee drinks I'll be enjoying, courtesy of one of my best friends - at least 10.
- Oldest party guest - 71.
- Youngest party guest - 3 months.
- Grade schoolers who helped the 3 month-old's big sister have the time of her life getting wet and dirty - 3.
- People around the world who share my birthday - about 18 million.
- People who received the King Zucchini as a present - probably just me.
- Celebrating a milestone with the perfect crazy-quilt mosaic of cherished family and friends - priceless.
Thank you, everyone.