About Me

Ithaca, New York
MWF, now officially 42, loves long walks on the beach and laughing with friends ... oh, wait. By day, I'm a mid-level university administrator reluctant to be more specific on a public forum. Nights and weekends, though, I'm a homebody with strong nerdist leanings. I'm never happier than when I'm chatting around the fire, playing board games, cooking up some pasta, and/or road-tripping with my family and friends. I studied psychology and then labor economics in school, and I work in higher education. From time to time I get smug, obsessive, or just plain boring about some combination of these topics, especially when inequality, parenting, or consumer culture are involved. You have been warned.

Monday, June 29, 2009

#56 - Storm World

OK, I've fallen dreadfully behind in my blogging so here's a quick wrap-up of my last few books. I'll flesh 'em out if and when I have a chance.

Storm World: Hurricanes, Politics, and the Battle over Global Warming
, by Chris Mooney (Harcourt, 2007). This book is about the debate over whether global warming is happening, and whether it is contributing/ will contribute to stronger hurricanes (more, stronger, faster winds, lower pressure). Interesting read, but not quite as accessible to the layperson (like me) as I'd hoped.


No comments:

Post a Comment