About Me

Ithaca, New York
MWF, now officially 42, loves long walks on the beach and laughing with friends ... oh, wait. By day, I'm a mid-level university administrator reluctant to be more specific on a public forum. Nights and weekends, though, I'm a homebody with strong nerdist leanings. I'm never happier than when I'm chatting around the fire, playing board games, cooking up some pasta, and/or road-tripping with my family and friends. I studied psychology and then labor economics in school, and I work in higher education. From time to time I get smug, obsessive, or just plain boring about some combination of these topics, especially when inequality, parenting, or consumer culture are involved. You have been warned.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

#57 - For One More Day

Cape Cod vacation reads, part 1: For One More Day by Mitch Alborn (Hyperion, 2006). If you've read The Five People You Meet in Heaven by the same author, you pretty much know what to expect. A sweet if slightly melodramatic, not-too-taxing book about Chick Benedetto, a depressed alcoholic in his 50s who attempts suicide and instead, stumbles into an experience most of us only wish for: another day with a relative who's died (in this case, his late mother). Not too long, and a good beach read if you like a break from all those romances now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment