About Me

Ithaca, New York
MWF, now officially 42, loves long walks on the beach and laughing with friends ... oh, wait. By day, I'm a mid-level university administrator reluctant to be more specific on a public forum. Nights and weekends, though, I'm a homebody with strong nerdist leanings. I'm never happier than when I'm chatting around the fire, playing board games, cooking up some pasta, and/or road-tripping with my family and friends. I studied psychology and then labor economics in school, and I work in higher education. From time to time I get smug, obsessive, or just plain boring about some combination of these topics, especially when inequality, parenting, or consumer culture are involved. You have been warned.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

#110 - A Mercy

This is why I started the book blog in the first place. A Mercy, by Toni Morrison (Alfred A. Knopf, 2008), just has too much to it for me to read it once, by myself, not have anyone to discuss it with, and not be able to reflect on or process it in any way. Obligatory Times review is here, and I promise (myself, mostly ... it's not as though I have readers by the hundreds or dozens out there) that after my interview Wednesday, I'll treat myself to some serious blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment