About Me

Ithaca, New York
MWF, now officially 42, loves long walks on the beach and laughing with friends ... oh, wait. By day, I'm a mid-level university administrator reluctant to be more specific on a public forum. Nights and weekends, though, I'm a homebody with strong nerdist leanings. I'm never happier than when I'm chatting around the fire, playing board games, cooking up some pasta, and/or road-tripping with my family and friends. I studied psychology and then labor economics in school, and I work in higher education. From time to time I get smug, obsessive, or just plain boring about some combination of these topics, especially when inequality, parenting, or consumer culture are involved. You have been warned.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

#107 - Cutting for Stone

Finished Abraham Verghese's Cutting for Stone (Alfred A. Knopf, 2009) last night. Interesting story, but very long and a bit slow-paced at times. Obligatory Times review that inspired me here; longer original review to follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment